Kangoo ya Opel Astra GSİ motor swaplemesi

• Konuyu Başlatan Konuyu Başlatan ApSUVai
  • Başlangıç tarihi Başlangıç tarihi

ApSUVai

Bilgi Girilmemiş
Seen as though I have some spare time on my hands I figured a thread was in order to show the progress of the build I recently started. Once the xe is built and ready I shall be transplanting it into a renault kangoo van which I have just bought for cheap.

I've got a spare XE Block an Head and various other spare parts which have been lying around for sometime now and thought it was time to put them too use. I recently bought a set of R6 Carbs and an inlet manifold and pretty much everything I needed to get them up and running.

I'ts a slow project but am aiming for it to be ready for when the shows come around next year.

Here are some pictures of the carbs and manifold I bought.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 65KB.2010-10-12184507.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 77KB.2010-10-12184755.webp

I think these little babies should sound pretty damn sweet when up and running.

I shall update the thread if and when I get more pics and more progress. :nod:

I've never played around with carbs so it's all new to me but have followed a few tips from a few people that have done it before. It should be one nippy little van, Although fuel consumption won't be the best It Should Sound wicked!

Here are some more pics that I had taken today at work with a crappy camera (poor quality)

The head before its clean.

PIC_0055.webp

I Sprayed my pulleys just to give them some colour, nothing special but better than the rust colour lol

PIC_0057.webp

I've cleaned the block up and put the bearings in ready for the crank and cleaned my pistons, got them up nicely.

PIC_0058.webp

PIC_0062.webp

PIC_0064.webp

PIC_0066.webp

Hydraulic lifters in soak and some bolts for the sump

PIC_0061.webp

Advancable Dizzy

PIC_0073.webp

Clean sump

PIC_0089.webp

Clean Oil pipe

PIC_0090.webp

New head gasket set and head bolts.

PIC_0084.webp

Coil

PIC_0094.webp

Flywheel

PIC_0087.webp

R6 Fuel pump

PIC_0095.webp

And here are the carbs with the inlet on

PIC_0067.webp

PIC_0068.webp

Crank

PIC_0080.webp

Powder coated rocker cover

PIC_0069.webp

Breather for rocker cover

PIC_0076.webp

I couldn't resist and take some pics with the rocker cover and carbs on the head.

PIC_0096.webp

PIC_0098.webp

PIC_0099.webp

Quick picture of the block before I paint it tomorrow

PIC_0103.webp

Some more pics of painting - Not alot done but impressed after my first coat once I'd applied some more it looks OK.

Painted my pulleys and thermostat housing.
PIC_0176.webp

PIC_0171.webp

PIC_0109.webp

Dipstick painted
PIC_0164.webp

Few pictures of the block after its painted
PIC_0167.webp

PIC_0144.webp

PIC_0121.webp

PIC_0111.webp

PIC_0107.webp

PIC_0105.webp

PIC_0104.webp

Update:

Got the van delivered last week and finally got a chance today to strip the engine out, It really needs a good clean out I think the previous owner was a Plasterer or something, Mega dirty inside but nothing I can't sort out!

Ok So here's the van....

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 108KB.kangoo1.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 98KB.kangoo2.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 108KB.kangoo3.webp

Just removed the bonnet and most of the bits out the way before the engines out.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 78KB.11132010025.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 83KB.11132010024.webp

And.........IT'S OUT!!

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 75KB.11132010027.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 77KB.11132010026.webp

Here's the nice little engine bay, I've taken some measurements and it looks to be very tight but should be do able! - Only thing that concerns me is I think the alternator is going to interfere with the servo and resovoir.

Before Jet wash.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 65KB.11132010034.webp

After Jet wash.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 79KB.11132010037.webp

Nice and clean icon_smile.gif

That's all I've really done for now, Time is very limited as I'm busy working but should be able to finish off building my engine in the next few weeks and hopefully crack on before xmas with this.

Small update.

Had another spare day this weekend so had a go at lining the engine up, Just a couple of pics showing some clearance issues. I removed the insides to make it lighter so its easier to handle and used a bare block just for mounting points.

I need to strengthen the chassic legs up both sides and make some mounts up. Everything is very close but should be OK

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 71KB.11202010043.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 85KB.11202010042.webp

The head has to be this far forward to allow for carb clearance.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 82KB.11202010041.webp

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 81KB.11202010040.webp

The engine position was very low here, This isn't were its going to be mounted its about 2 inches higher picture was just for test.

The subframe is going to be cut and moved forward to allow room for the exhaust manifold.
wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 57KB.11202010044.webp

This is what the inside of the van looked like before I Cleaned it.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 65KB.11202010045.webp

After a wipe down and a bit of a scrub. The seats are pretty much wrecked the picture doesn't look like much but its a damn site better than it was before.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 49KB.11202010046.webp

Once the mounts are all made and in, the engine will be put together as its sitting in bits in the unit at work as there's no point putting it all together yet as I don't want to damage it in transit to were the van is at home. The gear linkage might be an issue but I'll figure that out when I come to it. Alternator and radiator will need to be repositioned. I think it should go well!

I'm going to be using a Citroen Saxo Power steering pump and re position the alternator to the front of the block.

Another UPDATE:

The block and gearbox I was using to get my positions are all lined up and have the mounts welded in place now so the engine is mounted! Woo hoo! I will take some pictures at the weekend when I Get chance. I'm also using the digi-dash from the old astra gte in the van which will look super old skool.

Ekli dosyalar

• wol_error.gif
    wol_error.gif
    1,019 bayt · Görüntüleme: 0
  • wol_error.gif
    wol_error.gif
  • wol_error.gif
    wol_error.gif
  • wol_error.gif
    wol_error.gif